Thursday, March 26

Healthy Habits To Try




-Dry Brushing. Ooh the craze. Honestly though, despite the craze it is truly amazing. If you don't know what dry brushing is then I will explain.

Step 1: buy a dry brush. I got mine at target for $3.99.

Step 2: starting from the very bottom of your body, brush in small circles towards your heart working all the way up to your neck. 

Step 3: jump in shower and wash your body as usual (hopefully usual ;)).

What this does is circulates your blood flow so your body is able to rid off toxins more easily. It also is an amazing exfoliant and makes your skin very soft. It can also reduce cellulite and stretch marks. 


-Foam Rolling. I know I said I have a love/hate relationship with foam rolling but I think I am just the minority. It is great, again for releasing toxins/build up in your inflamed muscles. Its also great for putting everything back in place (cracking my back, etc), I don't know if that's the purpose but it's what I use it for ;). 


-Pumpkin Seeds. I don't eat meat and sometimes at the end of the day I notice I haven't had enough protein, zinc, etc. so I grab a handful of pumpkin seeds. They are loaded with natural protein, zinc, copper and more! They're also a really great detox if your needing more fiber. Plus they're pretty filling. I have about 1/4 a cup a day and notice a huge difference when I don't have them in my diet. 

-Coconut Oil. Not just for food but for your face too! I have had eczema my whole life but since eating a cleaner diet and using only coconut oil on my face in the last two years it hasn't been any where near as bad as it used to be! I'll only have a rare break out in the winter months when my skin is super dry. My favorite coconut facial oils are Yes To Coconuts Eczema Relief Spray and Capri Clear


I know these aren't any ground breaking habits or anything but I just wanted to share my two cents and experience on the subjects :).  These work for so maybe they'll work for you!


No comments: