Wednesday, March 18

Current Fitness Favorites





-Foam Roller. I've had this thing for a couple years now. I have love/hate relationship with it. sometimes it helps and other times it makes things worse. I use it to crack my back all the time, it feels amazing and puts everything back in line.

-The "Stick". I got this at the CrossFit regionals in 2011(?). It is pretty much my best friend! I prefer this over the foam roller as it doesn't hurt quite as much. This has gotten me through so many dance conventions/competitions when my hips were inflamed. It got passed around a lot (who knows how many different body parts it's touched) so I like that you can throw it in the dish washer and not worry about all the germs/sweat/tiger balm on it. 

-Myo Breathe products. More purchases from the CrossFit games. I love the muscle relief spray! I use this when I can't sleep at night. I just spray where it hurts and it temporarily cools/burns the area and it feels pretty amazing/excruciating. Best description ever, right? I also love their hand repair cream for when my hands rip (lovely times, let me tell you.)

-Fit Bit. I got this for Christmas this year and I am a little embarrassed to say that I have worn it everyday since! It's just so fascinating to see how much you are really moving. It's quite satisfying when I'm in the middle of a workout and my bracelet starts vibrating (weird). It keeps you accountable to stay off your lazy booty. 

-Quest Bars. I'm not kidding when I say I've been eating these before they were "cool". I'm not a huge protein bar consumer as most of them are total junk but these are an exception. I was introduced to them about 4 years ago by a fellow dance friend from NY. I still only have them very rarely but when I do it's definitely a treat. I pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds for an amazing gooey like cookie thing (again with the descriptions). My favorite flavors are chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream, and apple pie! :)

-Wheel Thing (or "evil wheel"). This thing is pretty gnarly. If you're wanting to tighten your mid section/abs then this is the way! I used to do 200 sit ups everyday in high school. What a waste. All you do is hold onto the wheel and slowly roll out as far as you can, and then back in again. Do about 3 sets of 10 and you will feel it (for days)!

-Inov8s. I'm one of the few people I know that hasn't gone the reebok nano route. I have very small and (apparently) narrow feet so when I tried these on they instantly felt good. They hold and support my feet perfectly. They're super light for running. They also don't get in the way if you know what I mean. Like when I do box jumps they just don't bother me or anything. I'm notorious for tripping/falling during box jumps but since using these I don't have as much trouble (maybe its placebo?). As for lifting yeah they're not great, but I currently don't have any lifting shoes so these work fine for now. 

And those are some of my current fitness favorites! Sorry this post was quite lengthy (I blame listening to Daft Punk whilst writing, I get a little hyper/inspired ;)
What are some of your fitness favorites?!



No comments: