Monday, March 30

Healthy March Favorites

March marked the beginning of Spring and a new season of healthy living. Cheers to the season of fresh fruit, refreshing smoothies, getting outside, and soaking up the sun (or avoiding getting sun burnt). 


 -Suja Cold Pressed Juices. I am obsessed with these! Especially the "Green Delight" flavor. It's so refreshing and instantly makes my skin glow! I pick these whenever I feel under the weather and they perk my mood right up!

-Kombucha "Gingerade". Oh my gosh, I have a new addiction! I've had like 5 of these in the past week! I've wanted to try kombucha for a long time now but I've always been a little afraid of the taste. I finally found one that I could actually swallow and it is amazing! It is such a treat to drink, especially knowing all the health benefits! Lots of healthy probiotics! Drink these up!

-Eat Pretty. I bought this book this month as a little treat for myself. Although it hasn't taught me anything new it was still a delight to read! I want to try a few of her recipes. Also the art work in this book is beautiful. :)

-Jason Tea Tree Deodorant. I've found a natural deodorant that I like! It smells like a spa, haha. At first it burned my under arms but now my skin has adjusted and is used to it. This doesn't contain any aluminum so it's definitely a winner!

-Yes To Coconuts Eczema Relief Spray. I have had eczema my whole life but since eating a cleaner diet (cutting out dairy, refined sugar, etc.) it is no where near what it used to be! I'll only have a rare break out in the winter months due to just having severely dry skin. I love to use this spray after I get out of the shower as it is very hydrating to my skin without being too harsh. This will be great for the summer as it is also pretty refreshing.

-Hemp Seeds. I bought a small bag during march to try out. I put them on top of salads and smoothies. They don't really taste like anything and you can hardly notice them, but for being a whole protein that's pretty amazing! I'm a fan!

-Frozen Raspberries. I put them in all of my smoothies! They just make it so much better! I don't even want to know how many bags I've gone through. :o

-Dried Mulberries. I eat them like candy! They are soo addictive! Again, I top my smoothies with these. They add an extra crunch and flavor that is just amazing!

-Salsa. I cannot be trusted with salsa! I'll eat it in spoonfuls! Pair it with Beanitos and you've got my idea of a perfect snack!

-The CrossFit Open. I finished it!! It was hard (especially the last workout, I'm still recovering) but I still did it! I don't know where I rank in the world yet but for the last few weeks I've been pretty happy with where I stand, especially since it is only my first year! I can't wait to watch the CrossFit games this year!




And there you go, my March healthy favorites! What are some of your healthy (or non healthy) favorites of this month?!



No comments: